Make a stand against Cancer.
The Luminaries of Nashville Challenge
Luminaries: People who inspire or influence others, especially those prominent in a particular sphere...
The “Luminaries of Nashville” Challenge is a fundraising competition within our community to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Challenge members consist of high level corporate employees and engaged community advocates and leaders.
Funds raised by The Luminaries of Nashville Challengers will be used to:
- Fund breakthrough therapies for blood cancer patients.
- Provide free educational materials, support programs and events.
- Power advocacy to ensure access to treatments.
- Help provide personalized assistance through our Information Resource Center.
We anticipate that our Nashville Luminaries will raise an average of $5,000 each in the fight to Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Participating in the Challenge is simple—
- Call or email the Light The Night Staff to register as a Luminary. Once registered, you will be given a web-based, fully-customizable fundraising page.
- Set a fundraising goal and launch your effort by making a personal contribution
- Reach out to your network to solicit donations from your clients, customers, vendors and personal contacts. In this busy world reminders are always appreciated, so ask more than once to get a response.
- Share your participation socially via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and engage others to support your efforts
National Recognition Includes:
- Challengers individually raising $5,000 or more will be listed in a national ad in Forbes Magazine to run in February 2016. The top challenger per region will be included in the ad with a photo.
- The top challenger per region will also be included on our 2016 national Light The Night website
- Challengers who individually raise $50,000 or more will be included in the “Executive Challenge Class of 2015” and have an LLS research grant named in your honor.
The Winner of the Luminaries of Nashville Challenge will receive:
- A Private/VIP Tour for four (4) of the UT Press Box and UT Locker Room the day before a game hosted by Bob Kesling, Director of Broadcasting at the University of Tennessee and lead announcer of the Vol Network
- A Private Wine Tasting and Tour of the Keg Springs Winery for you and a guest.
- Tickets for four (4) to the Grand Ole Opry and a Private VIP Backstage Tour Your picture in a local publication such as NFocus, The Nashville Business Journal, or The Nashville Post.
- Plaque presentation at post-walk Light The Night Awards Reception
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of the Luminaries of Nashville, contact Terri Staroska at 615-331-2980 ext. 1750 or email at Terri.Staroska@lls.org.